Saturday 28 February 2015

Tino's Sunglasses


Since forever and a day ago, Tino Jackson dude has been a 'character' of mine. So long that this was the first character I created after my 'imaginary friends' phase. (I was 3 cmon stop making fun)
One thing thats remained constant for him has been his sunglasses. He wears them (theoretically) 24/7/365.

In light of a certain something , I began thinking about the lore behind why he always wears sunglasses. For a long time I've been looking into eye disorders and what eye disorder could possibly require needing constant sunglass usage.

The answer? None. That's a really good thing.
But it also means that Tino's sun-glass use is either due to:
-Stylistic reasons (Where it's just a thing he does)
-Sensitivity to light, which implies more migraines as something he suffers.

I've also looked into cones and their relationship with sun-glass use, if he was to have an eye disorder due to cones it would likely be dystrophy. However sunglasses would do nothing to aid that disease.

I realize that as he is a made-up character, I could just as easily make up an eye disorder that he has if I really wanted his sunglasses to have a medical reasoning for existing. However, I more just want him to have an accurate reason to constantly wear sunglasses.

Long story short, Tino's sunglasses make me learn about eyes. Maybe it has taught you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment